If you’re planning on dental implants, your mouth has to be evaluated to find out bone, gum tissue, and space available for an implant along with you medical and dental past reviewed. Panoramic X-rays and/or an oral CAT scan is going to be taken to determine the ideal positioning of your dental implants. In certain situations if the bone isn’t able to support dental implants, minor or major bone grafting procedures might be explored. In cases like these, your treatment plan may be segmented in stages from 2-6 months.
Reasons for dental implants:
- Replace several missing teeth without affecting nearby teeth.
- Resolve pain or bite problems a result of teeth moving into missing tooth space.
- Restore your smile and improve your confidence.
- Restore eating, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissue.
- Help support a bridge or denture, which makes them more reliable and comfortable.
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures.